We’ve all heard the advice, “Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.”
Why Breakfast? 78% of people who lose weight and keep it off for three years or more are breakfast eaters. Eating in the morning wakes up your metabolism. It’s like the kindling for your metabolic fire.
It gives your brain a jump start too. Breakfast eaters have improved mental performance and score higher on tests than those that skip the meal.
Do you have a hard time fitting breakfast into your morning routine?
Try these quick and easy ideas:
- one cup of skim, almond or soy milk,
- half a banana,
- a handful of fresh or frozen berries, and
- a spoonful of almond or peanut butter
Blend, pour and you’re out the door.
Or go for something hot. In a portable dish or mug, combine:
- a half cup of dry rolled oats,
- add a few healthy toppings – like raisins, almonds or even peanut butter,
- a dash of cinnamon, and
- 1 cup hot water
Cover after adding water. In five minutes, you’ve got a hearty, warm breakfast that will keep you full for hours.
Breakfast, it’s still the most important meal of the day!
Watch the Video