Our rehabilitation therapists are committed to providing patient centered care in order to achieve the highest outcomes for our residents. Our focus is on regaining one’s functional level and enabling our residents to safely return home or to their prior level of function as quickly as their recovery allows. Our therapists provide treatment techniques using the most up to date evidence based practice. These treatments are based upon each patient’s medical diagnoses and physical capabilities.
Personalized treatment begins immediately upon admission to our facility with screening and evaluations that take each patient’s current diagnosis and past medical history into consideration. This allows us to determine each residents customized rehabilitation program.
Our newly renovated sun-filled rehabilitation gym is among the largest and most comprehensive equipped rehab spaces in the area, with state of the art equipment such as NuStep, Omnicycle, LiteGait PWB system, Biodex, Bioness Smart Board, modalities, and a rehab kitchen and bathroom. Our in-house professional rehabilitation therapists are trained in the latest rehabilitation techniques and maintain their skills through continuing education classes, on site journal clubs, and various educational programs. Woodridge is part of the CVMC campus and offers many shared services including onsite portable X-Ray capabilities.
Speech Therapy: Our Speech therapists help residents restore, compensate, and adapt for communication, cognition, and swallowing difficulties. Speech therapists utilize the latest technology, including iPad training for cognition and clinical processing, to help patients regain the ability to communicate and improve swallowing.
Physical Therapy: Our Physical Therapy team offers specialized exercises and activities designed to improve an individual’s strength, endurance, flexibility, balance, and to decrease pain to maximize a person’s safe functional mobility.
Occupational Therapy: Occupational therapy offers exercises and activities designed to maximize each residents’ ability to safely perform their activities of daily living (ADL’s) at their highest level of independence possible. Our occupational therapists assist resident’s by restoring their activities of daily living skills, adapting their environment if necessary, or teaching compensations for impairments in order to facilitate their highest level of Independence. There is a variety of onsite adaptive equipment to allow a custom approach based on a resident’s needs.
Multidisciplinary Approach to Treatment
To provide patients with comprehensive care, our therapists at Woodridge work in collaboration with other specialists, including:
- Family Medicine Physicians
- On Site Nurse Practitioners
- Neurologists and Neurosurgeons
- Orthopedists and Orthopedic Surgeons
- Cardiologists and Cardiovascular Surgeons
Rehab Services Include:
- Orthopedic Recovery Program: hip replacement, knee replacement, spinal surgery, multiple fractures or trauma, arthritis, amputations (including prosthetics)
- Neurological Recovery Program: Stroke (TIA or CVA), peripheral nerve damage, communications disorders, spinal cord injury, various other neurological diseases
- Cardiovascular Recovery programs: Coronary Bypass Grafts (CABG), AAA repair, valve repair/replacement, Congestive Heart Failure (CHF), Myocardial Infarcation (MI)
- Wound Care Programs: Pressure, diabetic, arterial and vascular wounds with various techniques to facilitate healing
- Pulmonary Care Programs: pneumonia, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), asthma
- Comprehensive and Personalized Diabetic and Pain Management Care
- Home Safety Evaluations with recommendations for home adaptations
- Extensive family and patient education with Home Exercise Programs and Other Therapeutic Programs tailored to each resident
Learn Skills to Transition Back to Home
After your stay at Woodridge, your recovery will continue at home. Our therapists will work with you and your family to develop a home safety and exercise plan. Our special “home simulation room,” equipped with everything from kitchen and laundry appliances to a standard bed, allows you to practice your plan and prepare for home. Our therapists offer comprehensive home evaluations to suggest modifications and adaptations prior to discharge to ensure a safe return to your home.
A Room with a View
Woodridge recently updated our short-term recovery wing with new flooring and amenities like flat screen TVs with free cable, telephones and free WiFi. All rooms have large windows with views of the inner courtyard or of the beautiful countryside.