At our Outpatient Laboratory our nationally certified technicians (phlebotomists) draw blood in a professional and caring manner for a variety of tests.
Important Information for Your Blood Draw
- Eating Restrictions: An eight to twelve hour fast is recommended for some blood tests, however you may drink as much water, black coffee or tea as you like. As a matter of fact, the better hydrated you are, the easier your blood draw will be.
- Registration/Check-In: Unless you have a standing order, you must check in with Registration. If your physician has given you a copy of your lab orders, please bring it with you.
- Estimated Length: Please allow adequate time for your visit. Most patients can expect to complete both the Registration process and have their blood drawn in 30 minutes or less.
- Walk-Ins: Although some lab tests need to be scheduled, walk-ins are welcome. Patients are drawn in the order they check-in. Please understand that patients with STAT orders or timed testing must take priority.
After Your Blood Draw
- Your physician will notify you of your lab results within two weeks of your blood draw.
- You will hear sooner if your lab results are critical or if any medication adjustments need to be made.
- If you have not heard from your physician within two weeks, contact your physician’s office.
Central Vermont Medical Center
130 Fisher Road
Berlin, VT 05602
6:30 am-5:00 pmTuesday:
6:30 am-5:00 pmWednesday:
6:30 am-5:00 pmThursday:
6:30 am-5:00 pmFriday:
6:30 am-5:00 pmSaturday:
8:00 am-2:00 pmSunday:
8:00 am-2:00 pm
Please check in at registration in the hospital's main lobby.