Have a question?
Contact Megan Foster, Workforce Development Coordinator
Our Surgical Tech Pathway Program can help you take the next step in your health care career.
Earn a full-time salary while receiving on-the-job training to become a surgical technologist.
This nine-month program includes a combination of classroom theory, hands-on lab work and clinical rotations. At the end of the program, students will prepare for the NCCT exam to obtain certification.
- Megan Foster, Workforce Development Coordinator
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the next cohort start?
- We do not have a start date for our next cohort at this time.
What is the duration of the program?
- This is an 11-month program; the didactic portion will take place in the first four weeks and the remainder of the program will be on-site training rotating through our Vermont affiliates.
What is my employment status during the program?
- Students are hired as full-time employees at either UVM Medical Center, Central Vermont Medical Center or Porter Medical Center.
Is travel required?
- Yes, travel is required for this program. Students must provide their own transportation and be able to travel to each of the affiliates during the duration of the program in order to complete all required clinical hours.