A Central Vermont Medical Center medical group practice providing all aspects of medical oncology care and outpatient infusion services for adults with cancer and blood-related diseases.
For more Information
Call us to learn more about our Medical Oncology and Hematology services or to make an appointment.
Your cancer journey is as unique as you are—we create individualized cancer treatment plans tailored for your life. At our Hematology & Oncology medical group practice at Central Vermont Medical Center, our medical oncologists, hematologists, and oncology nurses, along with our expert staff, care for those with cancer and blood-related diseases. Our team will oversee your treatment using the latest techniques and medical advances to optimize your care.
Medical Oncology and Hematology Services We Offer
- Chemotherapy: Cancer treatment that uses drugs to destroy cancer cells by impeding their growth and reproduction. Learn more.
- Hormone Therapy: A form of systemic therapy that works to add, block, or remove hormones from the body to slow or stop the growth of cancer cells. Learn more.
- Targeted Therapy: Drugs or other substances used to identify and attack cancer cells. Learn more.
- Biological Therapy: A treatment that uses the body’s immune system, either directly or indirectly, to fight cancer or to lessen the side effects that may be caused by some cancer treatments. Learn more.
- Pain Management/Side Effects: We treat and manage the pain and side effects associated with cancer treatments using medications, blood transfusions, medical nutrition therapy, lymphedema therapy, and more. Learn more.
Cancer Care Coordination
Our team of cancer care coordinators will help you make sense of your diagnosis, understand your treatment options, and give you the information you need to make decisions about your care. We’ll also help coordinate your appointments and treatments and provide you with the resources and support services you may need.
We Take a Holistic View of Treatment
We understand that a cancer diagnosis affects all aspects of your life: your emotional well-being, diet, physical activity, family, work, finances, and more. Maintaining a healthy mind and body is an essential part of the healing process, and our physicians, nurses and staff will empower you with the information, resources, and compassionate support you need every step of the way.
Getting a Second Opinion
We encourage you to learn as much as possible about your diagnosis and treatment options and we encourage you to seek out a second opinion. It’s important that you and your caregivers make informed decisions about your care and feel rest-assured that the treatments you choose are right for you. Our staff will set up your appointments, help you obtain your medical records, radiology and pathology reports, and provide a referral if one is required by your insurance company.
Need more information about getting a second opinion? Learn more
CVMC Hematology & Oncology