Volunteer Services Manager
P.O. Box 547
Barre, VT 05641
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at CVMC!
At CVMC we are privileged to have dedicated volunteers of all ages (14 years and up) who contribute their time, talent and energy in a variety of ways throughout the organization. Our employees, medical staff and volunteers work together to meet the health care needs and improve the health of the residents of central Vermont.
Although onsite volunteer opportunities are currently suspended as part of CVMC’s response to COVID-19, we are seeking volunteers to help in the following areas:
- Knit/Crochet Comfort Shawls: Are you looking for a way to use your knitting skills to bring comfort to others? Woodridge Rehabilitation & Nursing is seeking individuals to knit/crochet comfort shawls for our residents as part of the Bereavement Care Program. A beautiful handmade comfort shawl honors the dignity of the person, and can transform anxiety into peace for those making the transition to long term care. Specific yarn will be provided along with a basic pattern. For more information, please contact CVMC Volunteer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-371-5364.
- Hand-Sewn Masks: We are accepting hand-sewn cloth masks. Here is information on how to make these masks to meet CVMC and community need.
- Hand Sewn Surgical Caps: We are seeking surgical or scrub caps, which can be hand sewn. You can find patterns here.
- More Ways to Help: Please click here for additional information on how you can support CVMC’s COVID-19 response.
View our Volunteer Opportunities to learn more about the areas currently in need of volunteers.
Submit an Application Online
Begin your journey of becoming a volunteer at CVMC by filling out an application.
To request an application by mail:
The Volunteer Enrollment Process includes:
- submitting an application and two references
- interviewing with the Volunteer Services Manager
- completing orientation and health screening (at no charge to the applicant) prior to volunteering
- criminal background check
- signing a confidentiality agreement
- taking a photo for a volunteer ID badge
If you have questions or need assistance, please feel free to contact us. Again, thank you for your interest in volunteering at Central Vermont Medical Center.
Julia Page, Volunteer Services Manager
130 Fisher Road
Berlin , VT 05602
Mail: P.O. Box 547, Barre, VT 05641