At Central Vermont Medical Center our Physical Therapists provide a cardiac and pulmonary endurance exercise program for people with reduced endurance due to cardiac, pulmonary, post-Covid and other conditions.
Cardiac and pulmonary endurance training is exercise based training to improve a person’s endurance and activity tolerance. This exercise program is designed for people with limited activity tolerance due to cardiac conditions, pulmonary conditions, general deconditioning, as well as decreased endurance following Covid-19. We will guide you to learn to achieve exercise with less shortness of breath. Our goals are to help you become stronger by increasing your level of fitness. Exercising your lungs and your muscles helps you be more active so you can do the things you enjoy.
Treatment for Cardiac and Pulmonary Endurance Training Rehabilitation
Our Rehabilitation staff prepares an individualized treatment plan to help you get stronger and better endurance so that you can be more active. The program is designed for each individual to improve function while making the program easy to tolerate .This treatment is individually designed to improve endurance and activity tolerance using vital sign guidelines to target appropriate activity levels.
- Exercise training that includes flexibility, strength and cardiovascular training adjusted to fit each individual participant's ability.
- Exercises include treadmill walking, stationary biking, or general standing and walking.
- Each individual will be closely monitored to ensure an appropriate response to exercise.
- Monitoring will include blood pressure monitoring, pulse monitoring, Oxygen saturating monitoring, perception of exertion monitoring, and symptom management.
- Breathing retraining to help decrease shortness of breath at rest and with activity.
Conditions that are appropriate for Cardio-Pulmonary endurance training:
- General deconditioning
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Interstitial lung disease
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Post Covid Conditions
- Heart Attack
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Heart Failure
- Peripheral Artery Disease
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
- Angioplasty and Stents
- Heart valve replacements
CVMC Rehabilitation Therapy - Berlin