Now Showing: As I Pass By…Pastel Paintings by Wendy Soliday
Paintings by Wendy Soliday
October 1, 2017 to November 18th
As I Pass By is a collection of pastel paintings by Wendy Soliday that capture “drive-by “ moments – a flicker of light through the woods, a glimpse of beauty in the rear view mirror, a temporary reflection on the water – that beckon and compel Soliday to stop and paint.
Soliday’s paintings may feel familiar to those passing through and living in Central Vermont. They are of the world she notices and loves...read more
How Can I Get My Artwork Displayed at CVMC's Art Gallery?
The process for submitting work for display at the CVMC Art gallery is an easy one.
Please send digital images or a link to your website as well as a description of the show intended to:
Maureen O'Connor Burgess
CVMC Art Gallery Coordinator
Additional Information and Guidelines:
- The selection committee meets twice yearly. The committee does not accept images of nudes or other subject matter deemed innappropriate for a hospital setting. You will be contacted by email regarding the committee's selections.
- Exhibits are installed for 2-month periods.
- All work must be for sale unless you have the express permission of the selection committee.
- CVMC shall receive 25% of the published selling price of each piece sold. All sales are handled by the artist and the resulting 25% fee is due CVMC from the artist directly.
- CVMC's Community Relations department shall issue press releases to all local papers (Times Argus, The World, Montpelier Bridge, Hardwick Gazette, Morrisville News & Citizen, Randolph Herald, Northfield News, Valley News, Stowe Reporter, Waterbury Record and 7 days.) and pursues the same papers for reviews and special interest stories. Information about the artist and exhibit will be posted on the CVMC website.
- The artist must provide a list of titles including the dimensions, medium and prices of the work as well as a show title, an artist's statement and resume. These are due CVMC one month prior to the show opening.
- CVMC will create signage and story boards for the exhibit as needed and provides multiple copies of the price list for viewers.
- The artist is expected to help both install and remove the work at a mutually agreed upon time.
- Although CVMC has a security guard on-site as well as cameras in the gallery area it is a public place and the exhibit area is not attended at all times. CVMC and the Art Committee will not be held responsible for, and the artist agrees to indemnify, defend and hold CVMC and the Art Committee harmless from any loss or damage to works of art by fire, theft or any other event.
- A signed contract between the artist and CVMC specifying the above is required.
- Preference is given to central Vermont artists at this time.