Now Showing: Looking for Light, Paintings by Molly Hawley
August 1 to October 19, 2018
Artist Statement: Creating this body of work has been an exercise in careful observation and rendering of nature. The thrill, for me, of working in this realist manner is that if I can succeed in recording the truth of what I see, then something magical and mysterious appears which seems to be made out of but also to be more than the sum of the parts of the composition...read more
Join us for an opening celebration on THURSDAY, AUGUST 23, 4:30-6:00pm,THE GALLERY at CVMC
How Can I Get My Artwork Displayed at CVMC's Art Gallery?
The process for submitting work for display at the CVMC Art gallery is an easy one.
Please send digital images or a link to your website as well as a description of the show intended to:
Maureen O'Connor Burgess
CVMC Art Gallery Coordinator
Additional Information and Guidelines:
- The selection committee meets twice yearly. The committee does not accept images of nudes or other subject matter deemed innappropriate for a hospital setting. You will be contacted by email regarding the committee's selections.
- Exhibits are installed for 2-month periods.
- All work must be for sale unless you have the express permission of the selection committee.
- CVMC shall receive 25% of the published selling price of each piece sold. All sales are handled by the artist and the resulting 25% fee is due CVMC from the artist directly.
- CVMC's Community Relations department shall issue press releases to all local papers (Times Argus, The World, Montpelier Bridge, Hardwick Gazette, Morrisville News & Citizen, Randolph Herald, Northfield News, Valley News, Stowe Reporter, Waterbury Record and 7 days.) and pursues the same papers for reviews and special interest stories. Information about the artist and exhibit will be posted on the CVMC website.
- The artist must provide a list of titles including the dimensions, medium and prices of the work as well as a show title, an artist's statement and resume. These are due CVMC one month prior to the show opening.
- CVMC will create signage and story boards for the exhibit as needed and provides multiple copies of the price list for viewers.
- The artist is expected to help both install and remove the work at a mutually agreed upon time.
- Although CVMC has a security guard on-site as well as cameras in the gallery area it is a public place and the exhibit area is not attended at all times. CVMC and the Art Committee will not be held responsible for, and the artist agrees to indemnify, defend and hold CVMC and the Art Committee harmless from any loss or damage to works of art by fire, theft or any other event.
- A signed contract between the artist and CVMC specifying the above is required.
- Preference is given to central Vermont artists at this time.