The Spine Program at Central Vermont Medical Center is committed to providing personalized care to patients with back and neck pain and spinal disorders.
Make an Appointment
Call us to learn more about our orthopedic services or to make an appointment.
Spine Care at CVMC
The Spine Program at Central Vermont Medical Center is committed to providing personalized care to patients with back pain, neck pain and spinal disorders. We take a comprehensive approach to evaluate your condition, understand your symptoms, and find the most appropriate, least invasive treatment to help you live a better, more active life.
Our comprehensive non-surgical back health services offer patients local access to diagnostics and non-surgical treatments for back care. Through the involvement of local primary care, anesthesia/pain management, interventional pain, psychiatry, and physical and occupational therapy experts, we help patients better manage back pain here in your home community.
Unique to our Spine Program is our close collaboration with UVM Medical Center. Four spine surgeons from UVM Medical Center see patients in here at CVMC, providing surgical consultations and follow-up exams close to home for Central Vermont patients. If surgery is determined to be the best course of treatment by the patient, family, and provider team, it is completed in Burlington by these same four surgeons, providing patients with fast access to surgical care.
Spine, Back and Neck Conditions We Treat
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Fractures, including spondylolisthesis
- Spinal cord compression (cervical myelopathy)
- Herniated disc (herniated nucleus pulposus)
- Pinched nerves, including cervical radiculopathy and sciatica
- Spinal stenosis
- Spinal tumors
- Hunchback (kyphosis)
Spine, Back, and Neck Treatments We Offer
- Alignment correction
- Cervical and lumbar disc replacement
- Cervical arthritis repair
- Spinal decompression
- Disc removal (discectomy)
- Transpsoas interbody fusion: Direct Lateral Interbody Fusion (DLIF®), eXtreme Lateral, and Interbody Fusion (XLIF®)
- Microscopically assisted discectomy
- Spinal bone surgery (osteotomy)
- Rehabilitation, including physical and occupational therapy (learn more)
At UVM Health Network - CVMC Orthopedics & Spine Medicine, we are committed to delivering the best in comprehensive back, neck and spine care. Call our office in Berlin, VT today at 802-225-3970.