Our Nurse Residency Program starts June 27, 2022
We will be accepting applications through March 16, 2022.
Questions? CLICK HERE to contact us.
About to graduate from nursing school?
We are now accepting applications for our Nurse Residency Program.
This program allows new RN graduates to work directly with experienced nurses and transition into professional hospital nursing positions. You will work one-on-one with a preceptor to become proficient in the basic skills required to be an RN.
- Residents will receive full-time wages and benefits based on hours worked.
- Following successful completion of our Nurse Residency Program, we will offer an RN role at CVMC.
- This position is for Medical/Surgical, Surgical Services, Endoscopy, Emergency Department, ICU, Women's & Children's. Placement within specialties will be determined by the interview committee based on assessment of application and interview, as well as based on department specific needs and new graduate RN ratio allowances.
First, complete the online application.
After submitting your application, you will receive an email with further instructions. Please be sure to respond to the email with the required documents below.
- Personal Essay: Help us understand why you would be a good candidate for the program. Why are you interested in a particular specialty?
- Clinical Evaluation Forms (2): We are looking for feedback from two of your professors or preceptors from your senior year (final two semesters).
Please note: All documents must be submitted in order to be considered a qualified candidate for this program.
- Application Deadline: March 16, 2022
- Required Documents Deadline: March 18, 2022. You will work with our Talent Acquisition team to ensure all required documents are received prior to interviews.
- Interview Schedule: You will participate in interviews during the weeks of March 14, March 21 and March 28, 2022.
- Acceptance Decisions: We anticipate that acceptance decisions will be made by April 15, 2022.
- Residency Start Date: June 27, 2022 to allow time for selected candidates to obtain an RN license in the State of Vermont prior to the beginning their residency.
Applicants who are accepted will also be required to complete our standard background check process which is required of all new hires.