Central Vermont Medical Center recognizes the value of family and friends in the healing process. Family and friends, in good health, including children accompanied by an adult, are welcome to visit during visiting hours or as arranged to accommodate patient and family needs. We respect our patients’ rights to restrict or refuse visitors.
Each unit has a waiting room for the use of visitors. For the best possible care, we ask that family or friends are as quiet as possible and supervise children at all times.
- Medical and Surgical Units: 11:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Birthing Center: 11:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Inpatient Psychiatric Units: 2:30 - 4:00 pm and 6:00 -8:00 pm
- Davis Special Care Unit: Visiting hours depend on the patient's condition but generally occur from 11:30 am - 8 pm
- Woodridge Rehabilitation and Nursing: Anytime, 24/7 (for more information about visiting Woodridge, click here)
If you are a parent of a hospitalized child, or a family member of a terminally-ill patient, arrangements can often be made to allow you to have 24-hour access.
How may family and friends find out about a patient's condition?
For questions about a patient's condition, family and friends may call the hospital operator at 802-371-4100. In order for any information to be given the patient will need to sign an authorization form. Callers will be connected to the nurses' station or to the patient's room.
We ask that you please adhere to the following guidelines when visiting a patient at CVMC:
- Anyone recently exposed to a communicable disease (such as chicken pox, measles, whooping cough) should not visit.
- Anyone who is actively ill with fever, cough or sore throat should not visit. Stay home and take good care of yourself
- Please use a mask found in the lobby to cover your nose and mouth if you are coughing, sneezing, have a sore throat or cough
- Use the alcohol hand rub found throughout our facilities before and after visiting
- The use of tobacco products by patients, employees, physicians, volunteers and visitors, including independent contractors anywhere in or on the property of Central Vermont Medical Center and its satellite facilities is prohibited. Read Smoking Policy.