At CVMC, our Radiology department performs exams to "image" internal body parts and systems. These images help providers diagnose injuries, diseases and other illnesses.
Central Vermont Medical Center
130 Fisher Road
Berlin, VT 05602
VIEW HOURS AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ▼
Appointments can be scheduled Monday to Friday. Early morning and evening appointments available.
The department is staffed 7 days a week, 24 hours a day to allow for emergency testing.
We offer the following tests (all of which must be ordered by a provider for both inpatients and outpatients):
- Routine X-Rays
- Computed Tomography (CT) Scans
- PET/CT (Positron Emission Tomography/Computed Tomography)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Breast Biopsies
- Nuclear Medicine
To request a copy of your radiology study, use the following form:
Radiology equipment operated by licensed technologists is completely safe and without significant health risks to you. Technologists use radiation-reducing measures such as minimizing the area exposed to x-rays, and lead aprons for patients of childbearing age. Pregnant patients are encouraged to notify the technologist before the exam starts.
- CVMC's MRI unit is accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
- CVMC's Mammography Department is accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) and by the Food & Drug Administration's (FDA) Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA).
- The entire Department is also approved by the Joint Commission on Accreditation and Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO).
- In addition to JCAHO accreditation, the imaging equipment is inspected by both Federal and State agencies such as the Nuclear Regulatory Commission and the Vermont Department of Health & Human Services.
CVMC employs American College of Radiology board-certified Radiologists. These are doctors specifically trained to read and interpret the exams performed.