Central Vermont Medical Center is a not-for-profit institution. We rely on payment for services provided to patients in order to remain open. The individuals in our Patient Financial Services department are here to help patients and their families understand their bill, to work with their insurance companies, or to make other payment plans as necessary. A financial representative is located on the first floor near the main lobby for your convenience.
CVMC's Patient Financial Services staff can help you with:
Financial Assistance with a sliding scale based on income and level of charges after insurance payment.
- Applications and information about Vermont State health insurance programs such as VHAP, Medicaid, Dr. Dynasaur, Crime Victims Compensation, Lady’s First health screenings.
- Monthly payment arrangements for patients who are unable to pay their balance in full.
- Prompt pay discounts for patients who can pay their balance in full prior to or upon receipt of the first statement.
- Insurance coverage questions
- Liability settlement questions
- Estate/Probate questions
- Estimated Charges for planned services (see Estimated Charges for Services for 2019)
To learn more about your bill, click here.
The state of Vermont's Green Mountain Care is a family of low-cost and free health coverage programs for Vermonters. Green Mountain Care provides uninsured Vermonters with access to quality, comprehensive healthcare coverage at a reasonable cost, including the Dr. Dynasaur and Medicaid programs. To learn more about these programs or to find out which program is best for you, visit www.greenmountaincare.org.
Vermont Health Connect
If you are an individual or own or work for a small business without health insurance, visit Vermont Health Connect to enroll in a health plan.
Financial assistance is available for most Vermonters who buy a health plan through Vermont Health Connect.
Financial Assistance Provider Coverage
The following document provides a list of providers NOT covered by our financial assistance policy: