The Bene-Fit Shop is operated by the Central Vermont Medical Center Auxiliary. All funds raised by The Bene-Fit Shop support the mission of the CVMC Auxiliary. The revenue is used to fund programs and equipment at CVMC that are not normal budget items and to award scholarships to local students who are pursuing careers in health care.
Do you have something that you would like to donate to The Bene-Fit Shop? Perhaps a family member or your friends may be interested in donating items to our shop.
Donations are gratefully accepted during business hours, and sorted as quickly as possible while you wait. Items that do not meet our donation guidelines will be returned to you. We regret that we do not have the resources to recycle, redirect to another charity or discard those items for you. Please do not leave donations outside of shop at any time.
We would appreciate donations of the following items:
- Items in clean and working order
- Clothing in good condition which is clean, with no tears, rips or stains. Buttons should be in place and zippers should work
- Games with rules and puzzles with all pieces
- Collectibles and antiques
- Accessories, handbags, ties, belts, scarves, jewelry
- Home decorating items
- Bathing suits and underwear/bras if they are new
Sorry, we cannot accept these items:
- Appliances and electronics
- Infant and children car seats and cribs
- Barbells, bowling balls, bulky exercise equipment
- Air conditioners, dehumidifiers, humidifiers, vaporizers, foot massagers
- Cell phones
- Food or Liquids
- Textbooks or encyclopedia sets
- Carpeting and padding
Please do not leave items outside the shop at any time.