CONSTRUCTION NOTICE: Starting May 22 construction will begin on renovations to the Mountain View Cafe. There will be a modified configuration until construction is complete.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to create a better experience for patients, families, visitors and the CVMC community.
Our staff at CVMC's Mountain View Café strives to provide fresh, local and healthy food choices prepared to order by our NECI trained staff. When available, we use local organic produce from Two Rivers Farm to Table program.
Our Weekly Menu
Each week we offer a different variety of grill specials and hot entrees for both lunch and dinner, as well as a diverse breakfast menu ranging from eggs and bacon to muffins and danishes. Here is a sampling of some of our menu items (click on menu on right to view this week's offerings):
- Grill Specials: Grilled Chicken Breast sandwiches, classic burgers, Philly Cheese Steaks, Vegetable burgers, BLTs, BBQ Pork, Tuna Melts and more!
- Hot Lunch and Dinner Specials: Roast Pork, Macaroni and Cheese, Mexican Enchiladas, Lasagna, Sesame Crusted Salmon, Chickey Stir Fry, Stuffed Flank Steak and more!
- Soup of the Day: Split Pea Soup, Tomato Biscque Soup, Seven Bean Soup, French Onion Soup, Chicken Noodle Soup, Hearty Beef Vegetable Soup and more!
- Salad Bar: Each day our salad bar is stocked with local fresh greens (when available) and a variety of vegetables, beans, meats and other yummy toppings.
- Yogurt Bar: Our yogurt bar, available all day long, feature a variety of yogurts, fresh and dried fruits, granola, nuts and more.
- Sandwich Bar: Stocked with all of your favorite meats and sandwich toppings, along with a variety of locally made breads (Manghis, Shelburne Farms), as well as pitas and wraps.
- Grab & Go Sandwiches & Salads: A variety of pre-made sandwiches and salads are available "to go" each day.
Our NECI-Trained Staff
Staff from CVMC Hospital and Woodridge Rehabilitation and Nursing completed a six week New England Culinary Institute Certificate Program to improve their understanding and practice of the culinary arts.
Our Sustainable Food Practices
As part of CVMC's strategic initiative to GO GREEN, our Nutrition and Food Services staff has worked hard to help CVMC reduce its carbon imprint by implementing the following programs, which have now been in effect since late 2009:
- Food Donations: Each month, CVMC donates about 200 lbs of food to the Food for Salvage program at the Vermont Foodbank.
- Composting: We compost about one and a half tons a month of unusable food waste. Our composting efforts have earned CVMC an award for excellence in composting from Central Vermont Solid Waste District (CVSWD).
- Buying Local: In addition to participating in the Two Rivers Farm to Table program, CVMC buys food products from many local companies.