Ena Gupta, MD is a pulmonary and critical care physician at the UVM Medical Center and Central Vermont Medical Center as well an assistant professor of pulmonary medicine at the Larner College of Medicine.
She manages a variety of conditions, including:
- Interstitial lung disease (ILD)
- Fibrotic lung disease
- Hypersensitivity pneumonitis
- Smoking-related lung disease
- Connective tissue disease-related lung disease
- Pulmonary embolism
- Respiratory failure and mechanical ventilation
Dr. Gupta also performs specialized procedures such as:
- Transbronchial biopsies
- Endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS) guided fine needle aspiration
- Pleural procedures like thoracentesis and chest tube
Her research interests include clinical trials and outcomes research; her published research can be found here.
First and foremost, Dr. Gupta views herself as an advocate for her patients and their families, and likes to individualize treatment based on their needs and circumstances. Along with the disease, she likes to focus on overall health and wellbeing. She cherishes the human connections made on the job, and finds it meaningful to be of help in the most vulnerable phases of people's lives.