At Central Vermont Medical Center, the providers at our Urology medical group practice offer a full spectrum of urologic care for adults in a caring and respectful environment.
Our Service Areas
- A comprehensive approach to the treatment of kidney stones including shock wave lithotripsy, percutaneous (through the flank) lithotripsy, ureteroscopic (internal telescope without an incision) stone manipulation utilizing laser technology, and (rarely) traditional open surgery.
- Prostate ultrasound and biopsy utilizing the latest smaller diameter probes and modern local anesthetic techniques.
- Diagnosis and treatment of urologic cancers including (when necessary) radical prostate surgery and total bladder removal with various methods of urinary diversion.
- A full range of therapies for male sexual problems including erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation. Options include recently released medications, injection therapy, vacuum devices, and penile implants.
- No scalpel vasectomy.
- Bladder scope exams available in the office using local anesthesia and the latest small diameter, flexible scopes. We can also treat certain small tumors and take biopsies in the office, possibly avoiding the need for anesthetic and hospital stay.
Our Practice Areas
- Urologic cancers (prostate, bladder, kidney, testicle)
- Urinary stones and blockages
- Enlarged or painful prostate conditions
- Urinary and genital infections
- Incontinence (leakage of urine)
- Male sexual difficulties
- Urination problems of all types (including bleeding)
- Prolapse (dropped bladders)
- Evaluation and treatment of the urinary symptoms of neurological diseases such as diabetes, spinal cord injuries, strokes and Parkinsonism
- Vasectomy as a form of permanent sterilization
What if I have an emergency?
We provide 24-hour physician coverage for emergencies. After regular office hours, call the office number and you will be given instructions on what to do. The on-call doctor will return your call if requested. In extreme emergencies, please call 911. When you arrive at the hospital, please identify yourself or your child as our patient.
Do you handle prescription refills?
Our office will call your pharmacy within 24 hours for all approved refills. For some medications you may have to come to the office to pick up a written prescription. Please call during regular office hours for prescription refills.