Nutrition and Diabetes Counseling
At Central Vermont Medical Center our Registered Dietitians and Nutritionists (RDNs) provide individual and group education and counseling for nutrition and diabetes.
Medical Nutrition Therapy utilizes diet and lifestyle changes to treat or manage chronic diseases such as high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, and obesity. Many of these conditions are improved by changes in diet, regular exercise and a healthy lifestyle.
At Central Vermont Medical Center, Medical Nutrition Therapy is provided by a Nutrition and Diabetes Counselor, who is a Registered Dietitian and Nutritionist (RDN) that provides individual and group education and counseling.
Make a change in your life today! Call us at 802-225-5680 to make an appointment.
Nutrition Education and Counseling
Our Nutrition Education and Counseling Program includes one-on-one nutrition education and counseling, for adults and children, for many conditions.
Learn more about our Nutrition Education & Counseling services.
Diabetes Self-Management Education
Diabetes Self-Management Education offers training to people with diabetes so they can live healthy lives. This approach promotes patient-centered care, working with primary care providers to help patients take control of this chronic condition.
Learn more about our Diabetes Self-Management Education.
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Vermont Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- American Heart Association
- Choose My Plate
This guide contains everything you need to know to self-manage your diabetes through eating healthy, exercise, taking your prescribed medications, visiting your doctor regulary, and getting necessary laboratory tests. Includes guidelines, goals, monitoring charts, and more.
- American Diabetes Association
- American Association of Diabetes Educators
- Centers for Disease Control
- National Diabetes Education Program
- National Diabetes Information Clearinghouse (NDIC)
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
- National Kidney Foundation
- Medicare Coverage for Equipment or Diabetic Supplies
- Medicare Information