Central Vermont Medical Center's Patient Navigator works with you to get the support and services you need—we want you to receive the best care possible.
The patient navigator can:
- Guide you through the healthcare system
- Direct you to health care services for further diagnosis and treatment
- Help you with financial and insurance issues
- Help you keep track of your appointments
- Help you arrange transportation for your appointments
- Direct you to community resources and support
- Give you emotional support
- Help you get your questions answered and find educational materials
- Help you with decision-making and advance directives
Meet our Patient Navigator Diane Jones
Diane Jones earned her BA from Johnson State with a focus in Wellness and Alternative Medicine. Diane is a Certified Personal Trainer and Behavior Change Specialist. Prior to joining CVMC, Diane helped clients optimize their health and well-being through her Fundamental Wellness business. Diane also led CVMC’s F.I.T. Survivors and launched Jump UP exercise classes for individuals during or after cancer treatment.
Diane received her certificate in Oncology Patient Navigation from George Washington University Cancer Center. She is currently pursuing her Master of Science in Physical Activity and Wellness Science (PAWS) at the University of Vermont, where she is studying the underlying relationship between physical activity and chronic disease, with a focus on cancer.
“My vision is to utilize the knowledge gained through my training and studies to positively impact individuals and families in Central Vermont who are affected by cancer.”
If anything is keeping you from getting the cancer care you need, when you need it, please contact Diane at 802-225-5449.