Take your unwanted or expired drugs in to National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day on Saturday, April 27, 2019. The event takes place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and is free and open to the public. The event aims to provide a safe, convenient, and responsible way of disposing of prescription drugs. It also helps educate Vermonters about the potential for abuse of medications
This Take Back Day happens twice a year as a reminder to Clear our your Medicine Cabinet of “Vermont’s Most Dangerous Leftovers.”
Are you throwing away your unwanted or expired medications?
Think about this: The same prescription medications that may help you get better will only make someone else much worse, if they fall into the wrong hands. In fact, throwing medications in the trash makes them a target not only for your children or other family members, but also for drug dealers and addicts.
Don’t let your drugs fall into the wrong hands.
To learn more about proper medication disposal visit the Northern New England Poison Center Online.
Saturday, April 27, 2019
10 am to 2 pm
Washington County Sheriff W. Samuel Hill, in cooperation with the DEA, has coordinated six collection sites within Washington County for the safe disposal of unused prescription medications.
For national information and to find the collection site nearest you, visit: http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/drug_disposal/takeback/index.html
PILLS AND CAPSULES ONLY
* Washington County Sheriff’s Department
10 Elm Street
Kinney Drugs (no controlled substances at this site)
Supported by Berlin PD
800 US Rt 302
* Northfield Police Department
110 Wall Street
* Montpelier Police Department
1 Pitkin Court
* Barre City Police Department
15 Fourth Street
Barre City, VT
Vermont State Police Middlesex
80 South Main Street
* Note: Year round, permanent drop boxes are available in Barre City, Barre Town, Berlin, Montpelier, and Northfield Police Departments; Washington County Sheriff’s Department in Montpelier; Kinney Drugs in Waterbury & Waitsfield; and Central Vermont Medical Center lobby at main entrance.