Every day, peer recovery coaches from the Turning Point Center of Central Vermont do amazing work alongside CVMC clinicians in our Emergency Department to provide immediate support to patients with substance use disorder.
In the last year, these dedicated coaches have seen over 300 patients who were seeking treatment. The effort is just one of many examples of the community collaborations CVMC supports to improve the overall health of Central Vermont.
Watch the video to learn more about our community-based approach to addressing substance use, and how we’re collaborating with our partners in the Central Vermont Prevention Coalition.
If you or someone you know is struggling with substance use and would like to talk with a peer, call VT Helplink at 802-565-LINK.
- Hilary Denton, Recovery Coach Program Manager, Turning Point Center of Central Vermont
- Bob Purvis, Executive Director, Turning Point Center of Central Vermont
- Mark Depman, MD, Emergency Medicine Physician
- Javad Mashkuri, MD, Emergency Medicine Physician
- Ben Smith, MD, Medical Director, Emergency Department