The CVMC Auxiliary was created in 1968 when Heaton Hospital in Montpelier and Barre City Hospital came together to form one hospital now known as Central Vermont Medical Center. Since its inception, this group of committed volunteers has raised more than a million dollars for CVMC.
CVMC Auxiliary mission is “to make a visible impact on our community's education and wellness in partnership with CVMC by selecting, promoting and supporting projects that meet both CVMC and community needs.”
The CVMC Auxiliary Needs You!
Auxilians have a common goal: A willingness to aid the medical center.
Membership is open to men and women who are willing to share their time and expertise. What ever your talents may be—crafts, gardening, business knowledge, enthusiasm, innovative thinking, or just a willingness to help out—we need you! Being a member of the Auxiliary can be fun and rewarding. To become a member, download and return application on right.
- Membership Committee: Promotes membership and invites community members to join the Auxiliary.
- Nominating Committee
- Project Review Committee: Reviews requests from CVMC departments for projects, programs, equipment, etc. that are not normal budget items, and makes recommendations to the CVMC Auxiliary Board for approval. Committee meets three times a year.
- Scholarship Committee: Awards Scholarships to students living in the CVMC service area, who are pursuing a career in the healthcare field. The committee promotes scholarships to local high schools, reviews applications, and makes award recommendations to the Board.
Primary Fundraising Activities
The CVMC Auxiliary raises funds through the following two sources:
- CVMC Gift Shop. The Auxiliary runs and owns the gift shop, which is located in the main lobby of the Medical Center. Here visitors, staff and patients can find an assortment of gifts, cards, flowers and other items.
- The Bene-Fit Shop. The Auxiliary's other main source of funding is proceeds from the CVMC Bene-Fit Shop. This is a thrift shop located near Lenny's Shoes in Barre. Both the Gift Shop and Bene-Fit Shop are staffed by CVMC volunteers. To learn more about other volunteer opportunities at CVMC visit Volunteers.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many hours do I have to volunteer to be a CVMC Auxiliary Member?(how long, how often)
Your choice - as many hours as you can give.
How much does it cost?
Only $10 a year for membership dues. Donations are also welcome.
How long is a membership?
It is a one year membership from January 1 - December 30
Do I have to be involved?
Everyone is encouraged to be involved (i.e. committee member, or volunteer). An auxilian's time is very valuable to the community.
How do I join?
Contact us or download a membership form.