|Address||130 Fisher Road, Berlin Vermont|
|Building Name||CVMC - Central Vermont Medical Center|
|Job Category||Purchasing (Supply Chain)|
|Schedule|| Full Time|
|Primary Shift||7:00 am - 3:30 pm|
|Salary Range||Min $20.56 Mid $26.48 Max $32.41|
|Job Recruiter||Janet Brown|
|Application Link||Apply Now|
$5,000 sign-on bonus! Benefit eligible position including medical, dental, vision, retirement and more - Relocation assistance also available. APPLY TODAY!!!
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for purchasing supplies and material to meet our customer’s needs. Utilizing our inventory management system the Sourcing Specialist/Clinical Buyer interprets demand and insures appropriate order coverage for all supplies within their responsibility. Identifies new and alternative sources of supplies. Manages sources of supply through regular contact which may include calls, email and in-person meetings. Maintains systems and records to ensure accurate data in conformance to standard procedures. Assist management, customers and coworkers with all other supply needs. The Sourcing Specialist/Clinical Buyer will work on projects under the direction of the Manager of Materiel Management.
- Performs all duties as required for assigned areas, including product information research, purchase order entry and processing, and appropriate order expediting.
- Responsible for Purchasing decisions with regard to source, brand, quality, etc., that are prudent, ethical, and that follow established policies and procedures.
- Learns and uses the Materiel Management computer systems, including clerical data entry functions for all aspects of the system, as necessary in the performance of duties.
- Responsible for the coordination and utilization of contract information related to Group Purchasing organizations (Voluntary Hospitals of America, Amerinet, UVMMC NETWORK, NPC etc.), for assigned areas.
- Meets with appropriate sales representatives and conducts hospital business related to problem solving, sourcing, and quotation related matters.
- Maintain purchase order expediter system as established including all necessary follow-up on orders.
- Utilizes appropriate inventory control practices that assure adequate supplies to meet customer needs at minimum cost. Performs receiving and shipping duties, if assigned, according to established policies and procedures.
- Assures continuous quality improvement for the buying function, with specific attention directed to the assurance of favorable "customer relations" with those to whom we provide service.
- Performs duties of other department personnel in their absence.
- Employees will perform their job in a safe manner as defined in any and all applicable CVMC policies specific to the job including but not limited to policies addressing: Universal precautions, Use of PPE, Safe lifting/ergonomics, Handling of hazardous materials.
- Notifies direct supervisor of infractions of policy, procedure, laws and regulations as they are identified. Notifies supervisor’s manager of same if supervisor does not correct or resolve issue within a reasonable time frame. Notifies Corporate Compliance Officer of any issues that continue to be unresolved.
- All other duties as requested or assigned.** (**Marginal Function )
- Strong writing, oral, interpersonal and analytical communication skills.
Strong customer focus with a sense of urgency and high level of accountability.
Proficiency and knowledge of purchasing principles, cost management, communication skills and the ability to work with all levels of staff.
Strong knowledge in use of material management information systems, particularly requisitioning processing and purchase order maintenance.
BS/BA degree, with minimum three years of purchasing experience or significant experience of purchasing functions in a highly relevant role.
Experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Experience with purchasing systems and supply chain management technologies are preferred.
Ability to analyze, suggest and improve processes to improve total group efficiency and productivity. Knowledge of hospital products for specific service lines and ability to analyze and manipulate data to optimize purchasing processes preferred.
External candidates are eligible for a one-time signing bonus of $5,000. The bonus will be paid out in 3 installments and requires a two-year commitment. Please note that current UVM Health Network employees are excluded from eligibility for this bonus. Additional terms and conditions apply.