|Address||130 Fisher Road, Berlin Vermont|
|Building Name||CVMC - Central Vermont Medical Center|
|Schedule|| Per Diem* |
*Per Diem positions have no committed hours and are not benefit eligible
|Salary Range||Min/Hour $18.65 Mid/Hour $24.03 Max/Hour $29.40|
|Job Recruiter||Meagan Eastman|
|Application Link||Apply Now|
Central Sterile Reprocessing Technician is a critical team member, responsible for the decontamination, inspection, sterilization and assembly of instruments and equipment used in the hospital. The CSR Technician works with a team of dedicated healthcare professionals in a fast paced environment supporting our providers and patients. The CSR Technician plays a critical role in infection prevention, maintaining supplies, and reprocessing instrumentation to be used in complex surgeries and procedures. Your days will be spent moving around the facility to collect, disinfect, package and sterilize surgical instrumentation for the operating room and outpatient practices. Professional development is provided. If you are not a certified technician, Central VT Medical Center will provide you the opportunity for onsite training while you work that will allow you to become certified. You can advance your career and livelihood with additional on the job training and certification opportunities.
- Decontamination of surgical instruments & equipment (receiving, sorting, soaking, cleaning, inspecting and rinsing).
- Preparation and packaging of surgical instruments and equipment. To include inspection, testing, assembly & packaging.
- Sterilization/High Level Disinfection. Inspecting, labeling & sterilizing/high level disinfecting surgical instruments & equipment. \Sterile Storage. Staging, Quality Check & Distribution of surgical instruments & equipment.
- Must incorporate knowledge of infection prevention, decontamination and reprocessing procedures, appropriate record keeping and safety in all aspects of job duties.
- Models outstanding customer service to ensure our customers’ needs are met.
- Understands Sterilization & High Level Disinfection (HLD) and safety precautions necessary in the operation of the sterilization and HLD equipment. Can operate sterilizers and HLD equipment and have full knowledge of their operation process and parameters.
- Follows manufacturer’s instructions for use (IFU) for cleaning, sterilization and/or high-level disinfection requirements for medical equipment, instrumentation, sterilizers, washers and consumables.
- Understands the use of reprocessing indicators and able to perform proper testing and documentation of those results.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and appropriate record keeping systems within CSR and Endoscopy.
- Responsible for manual cleaning of machinery, carts, tables, work stations, cabinets, etc. within CSR and the ENDO scope areas.
- Maintains surgical instruments, scopes and equipment in the CSR and Endo Scope reprocessing areas. Notifies CSR Manager if repair or replacements are required.
- Checks for outdates on supplies within the CSR and ENDO scope reprocessing areas.
- Ensures that appropriate levels of supplies are stocked and available in their work area.
- Orders and maintains consumables from Materiel’s Management as necessary.
- Answers phones and processes requests in a timely and courteous manner.
- Performs duties in compliance with National Standards, with applicable state and local codes and with CVMC policies and procedures.
- Assists as assigned to onboard and train new staff. Attends and participates in all departmental in-services and staff meetings and non-departmental as assigned.
- Collaborates proactively with the CSR Manager and team to identify problems and help find appropriate solutions.
- Supports CVMC mission by demonstrating a willingness to improve and change services as the needs of our customers change. Provides objective and constructive input, recommendations and problem solving solutions through the performance improvement process. Demonstrates consistent support of the CSR department in interactions with other departments, medical staff, employees and patients.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and personnel information and records.
- Employees will perform his/her job in a safe manner as defined in any and all applicable CVMC policies specific to the job including but not limited to policies addressing: Universal precautions, Use of PPE, Safe lifting/ergonomics, Handling of hazardous materials.
- “Notifies CSR Manager of infractions of policy, procedure, laws and regulations as they are identified. Notifies Manager’s Director if Manager does not address within a reasonable period. Notifies Corporate Compliance Officer of any issues that continue to be unresolved.”
- All other duties as assigned or requested. **
High School graduate or equivalent- Required.
Central Sterile Reprocessing certification- a plus but not required at time of hire. Certification is required within 18 months of hire (CVMC provides on the job training and certification).
Instrument Specialist certification- Preferred.
Certified Endoscope Reprocessor certification- Preferred.
Relevant experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the responsibilities desired.
Basic Medical terminology Preferred.
Basic computer skills- Preferred.
Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills- Preferred.