CVMC Recognized For Providing Innovative
All of CVMC's primary care and pediatric practices recently achieved recognition status for Patient Centered Medical Home by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). The patient centered medical home is a model of care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into “what patients want it to be.” Find out more 
About CVMC Medical Group Practices
Central Vermont Medical Center has 18 group practices offering family medicine, internal medicine, pediatric, child and family psychiatry, obstetrics and gynecology (including midwifery), cardiology, urology, and rheumatology services:
Other Area Providers
- Berlin Family Health 
- Granite City Medical Associates  (Internal Medicine)
- Roger B. Kellogg, MD  (Internal Medicine)
- The Health Center 
- Carol A. Vassar, MD  (Internal Medicine)
- Central Vermont Urology 
- FAHC Neurosurgery 
- FAHC The Eye Center 
- Fletcher Allen Otolaryngology  (Ear, Nose and Throat)
- Green Mountain Gastroenterology, LLP 
- Michael Guerra, DPM  (Podiatry)
- Janet Y. Hinzman, MD  (Dermatology)
- Green Mountain Orthopaedic Surgery 
- Iverson Eye Care 
- Arif U. Khan, MD  (Pulmonology)
- New England Oral Surgery 
- Northern Vermont Oral Surgery 
- William Newman, MD  (Allergy & Immunology)
- Stephen J. Woodruff, MD (Gynecology)
For a list of our general surgeons, as well as other surgeons who provide surgical services at CVMC, click here .
Electronic Medical Records
Central Vermont Medical Group proudly uses Electronic Medical Record (EMR) technology. We have moved from paper to computers for medical documentation. In using an EMR system, it creates greater efficiencies for providers as well as patients.
But efficiency isn't the only benefit. For individual patients, access to good care becomes easier and safer when records can easily be shared. Important information such as prescribed drugs, allergies, medical conditions, and other aspects of our medical history can be accounted for much more quickly.
EMR systems are intended to keep track of a patient's entire health and medical history in a computerized, electronic format. By keeping these potentially vast records in this manner, they are more easily retrievable, and can make a patient's navigation through the healthcare system much safer and more efficient.