Integrative Family Medicine
A Central Vermont Medical Center primary care practice specializing in integrative family medicine, using both conventional and alternative therapies, for children and adults.
Integrative Family Medicine Montpelier
156 Main Street
Montpelier, VT 05602
Located at the round-about, at end of Main Street.
Tue: 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Wed: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thu: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Fri: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
(By Appointment Only)
Integrative medicine is healing-oriented medicine that considers the whole person (body, mind and spirit), including all aspects of lifestyle. It emphasizes the therapeutic relationship and uses all appropriate therapies, both conventional and alternative.
- Management of acute and chronic illnesses
- Gynecological exams
- Health maintenance examinations
- Coordination of care with specialty physicians
- Minor surgical procedures
- Hospital treatment through CVMC's Hospitalist Program
- Diabetic education
- Family planning
- Well-child exams
- Sports and camp physicals
CVMC Rehabilitation Therapy
The providers at Central Vermont Medical Center’s Rehab Services strive to meet your needs and return you to work and play as soon as possible. Our providers facilitate healing with many different therapies.
Learn more our Physical Therapy services.
To make an appointment, call 802-371-4242.
Emergency situations are given immediate attention. We provide 24-hour physician coverage for emergencies. After regular office hours, call the office number, and you will be given instructions on what to do. The on-call doctor will return your call if requested. In extreme emergencies, please call 911. When you arrive at the hospital, please identify yourself or your child as our patient.
We will notify you of all lab and x-ray results. If you have an appointment scheduled shortly after your test, we will go over the results with you during your office visit. We may also contact you by phone or mail. If you have not heard from us within two weeks of your test, please call our office.
Our practice requires payment at the time services are rendered. We will directly bill Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Medicaid, Medicare, MVP, and Cigna. We also accept cash, check, and MasterCard/Visa. We may bill other insurance companies as a courtesy to our patients; however, payment is ultimately your responsibility. We do offer a Financial Assistance Plan for those who qualify. Co-pays are due at time of service.
- If you are unable to keep a scheduled appointment, please give us 24 hours' notice so that we can use your appointment time for another patient.
- Please contact our office if you will be more than 15 minutes late. We may need to reschedule your appointment for another time.
- Help us keep your records as current as possible. Let us know if there are any changes to your address, phone number, insurance company or other pertinent information.
Integrative Family Medicine Montpelier wants to make the process for refilling prescriptions as easy and efficient as possible. We want you to get the prescriptions you need with as few phone calls as possible.
Here are suggestions that we think will help us reach this goal:
Call Your Pharmacy First
Even if your bottle says no refills, call your pharmacy first. We work with them daily to make sure that you have the medications you need when you need them.
To prevent patients from running out of their medications, most pharmacies fax a refill request to us when your prescriptions need to be refilled. This happens behind the scenes automatically in some pharmacies. Therefore your new prescriptions may be at the pharmacy already.
If you call the prescription line at Integrative Family Medicine Montpelier: 371- 4616
You must leave your name, date of birth, medication name, dose and frequency, and a phone number to reach you so we can insure the correct medication is processed for the correct patient.
Please Allow 2 Business Days to Process Refills
We receive many requests daily so we must have two business days to process prescription refill requests.
Call your pharmacy and let them know if you are out of medication and ask them to request a refill.
Sometimes We Cannot Refill Your Medication
- You may be overdue for an appointment. Our policy is that anyone taking medications must be seen once a year at least (more if recommended by your provider).
- Your insurance may require a Prior Authorization, which takes a minimum of 2 business days.
- It may be too soon for a refill. If it is not time to get a refill, your insurance company may not cover the cost.
Picking up written prescriptions
Controlled substances must be picked up by the patient.
Please notify us if you are unable to pick up your written prescription.
As our valued patients, we welcome your suggestions and/or
comments about how the process works for you. Thank you.