Integrative medicine is healing-oriented medicine that considers the whole person (body, mind and spirit), including all aspects of lifestyle. It emphasizes the therapeutic relationship and uses all appropriate therapies, both conventional and alternative.
From left to right: Sylvia Gaboriault, MS, RD, CDE; Paul Laffal, MD; Rima Carlson MD, AAFP-F;
Monique Karthaus PA-C; Jennifer Gordon, LICSW; Kathleen Jackman, FNP;
Jeremiah Eckhaus, MD, ABHM; Emily Byrne, DNP, FNP-BC
- Management of acute and chronic illnesses
- Gynecological exams
- Health maintenance examinations
- Coordination of care with specialty physicians
- Minor surgical procedures
- Hospital treatment through CVMC's Hospitalist Program
- Diabetic education
- Family planning
- Well-child exams
- Sports and camp physicals
Our Wellness Programs
- Eat for Life: This unique class uses an integrated approach to help you lose weight. It includes mindfulness meditation practice, cognitive-behavioral strategies, and information on nutrition, cooking with whole foods, and increasing physical activity. You will improve your ability to self-regulate emotions, thinking patterns, and physiological cues. The goal is to help you make sustainable lifestyle changes in support of weight loss, overall health and well being. Find out more.
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction: This highly participatory, supportive, and structured program offers instructions and directions for how to learn, practice, and integrate mindfulness into your everyday life. This program has benefited people facing stress, various medical conditions, and psychological distress. Find out more.
Emergency situations are given immediate attention. We provide 24-hour physician coverage for emergencies. After regular office hours, call the office number, and you will be given instructions on what to do. The on-call doctor will return your call if requested. In extreme emergencies, please call 911. When you arrive at the hospital, please identify yourself or your child as our patient.
Montpelier Integrative Family Health wants to make the process for refilling prescriptions as easy and efficient as possible.
Prescription Refill Policy
We will notify you of all lab and x-ray results. If you have an appointment scheduled shortly after your test, we will go over the results with you during your office visit. We may also contact you by phone or mail. If you have not heard from us within two weeks of your test, please call our office.
Our practice requires payment at the time services are rendered. We will directly bill Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Medicaid, Medicare, MVP, and Cigna. We also accept cash, check, and MasterCard/Visa. We may bill other insurance companies as a courtesy to our patients; however, payment is ultimately your responsibility. We do offer a Financial Assistance Plan for those who qualify. Co-pays are due at time of service.
- If you are unable to keep a scheduled appointment, please give us 24 hours' notice so that we can use your appointment time for another patient.
- Please contact our office if you will be more than 15 minutes late. We may need to reschedule your appointment for another time.
- Help us keep your records as current as possible. Let us know if there are any changes to your address, phone number, insurance company or other pertinent information.