Integrative medicine is healing-oriented medicine that considers the whole person (body, mind and spirit), including all aspects of lifestyle. It emphasizes the therapeutic relationship and uses all appropriate therapies, both conventional and alternative.
From left to right: Sylvia Gaboriault, MS, RD, CDE; Paul Laffal, MD; Rima Carlson MD, AAFP-F;
Monique Karthaus PA-C; Jennifer Gordon, LICSW; Kathleen Jackman, FNP;
Jeremiah Eckhaus, MD, ABHM; Emily Byrne, DNP, FNP-BC
- Management of acute and chronic illnesses
- Gynecological exams
- Health maintenance examinations
- Coordination of care with specialty physicians
- Minor surgical procedures
- Hospital treatment through CVMC's Hospitalist Program
- Diabetic education
- Family planning
- Well-child exams
- Sports and camp physicals
CVMC Rehabilitation Services
The providers at Central Vermont Medical Center’s Rehab Services strive to meet your needs and return you to work and play as soon as possible. Our providers facilitate healing with many different therapies.
Sue Arbogast, PT, MS; Karla Bartolomei, PT; Julie Giffin, PT; and Susan Stephen, PT all work out of our Montpelier office and provide many of the specialties in Physical Therapies. For more information about our Physical Therapy services, click here.
To make an appointment, call 802-371-4242.
Emergency situations are given immediate attention. We provide 24-hour physician coverage for emergencies. After regular office hours, call the office number, and you will be given instructions on what to do. The on-call doctor will return your call if requested. In extreme emergencies, please call 911. When you arrive at the hospital, please identify yourself or your child as our patient.
Montpelier Integrative Family Health wants to make the process for refilling prescriptions as easy and efficient as possible.
Prescription Refill Policy
We will notify you of all lab and x-ray results. If you have an appointment scheduled shortly after your test, we will go over the results with you during your office visit. We may also contact you by phone or mail. If you have not heard from us within two weeks of your test, please call our office.
Our practice requires payment at the time services are rendered. We will directly bill Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Medicaid, Medicare, MVP, and Cigna. We also accept cash, check, and MasterCard/Visa. We may bill other insurance companies as a courtesy to our patients; however, payment is ultimately your responsibility. We do offer a Financial Assistance Plan for those who qualify. Co-pays are due at time of service.
- If you are unable to keep a scheduled appointment, please give us 24 hours' notice so that we can use your appointment time for another patient.
- Please contact our office if you will be more than 15 minutes late. We may need to reschedule your appointment for another time.
- Help us keep your records as current as possible. Let us know if there are any changes to your address, phone number, insurance company or other pertinent information.